Friday, July 3, 2009

A Tragedy Makes You Reflect…

This past week a dear family lost their children in a tragic car accident. A boy, 5 and girl, 3. The mom and kids had set out on their day to go blueberry picking and never imagined that a horrific car accident would take the children’s lives and leave a mom with spinal injuries ( a rod was put in her back) and having to be sedated because of not being able to handle it all.  I write this with a real heavy heart because as a mom I cannot even imagine this.  Please pray for this family in the days ahead, their names are Craig and Crystal Hewitt. I didn’t know them personally but their story has touched everyone. They are Christians, which is a great blessing.

Makes me think about how short life is. Let us try to make the best out of the life we were given. Let us love those around us God has given us to love and not waste precious moments. I am a person who tends to worry and who sometimes wonders why me? Or I don’t understand why I can’t have this or that . Sometimes it takes a tragedy for some of us to wake up and just be EVER so thankful for what God has given us and for where we are in life!!!! ( 1 Thess 5:18)

I am certainly going to try harder. Because I have a lot to live for and I have MANY blessings.  I am reminded of a message our pastor spoke a few weeks back from 2 Chronicles 20. When You need God!!! ( you are frantic!!)

1.) Focus

       Stop everything you are doing

2.) Pray

         get alone

          kneel down

                 adoration

                 confession

                 thankfulness

                 supplication  ( ask)

          Out loud  you can keep your mind focused if you are praying out loud.

3.) Stand where God stands.

        He will do what you can’t (vs 17)

        Jesus is LORD no matter what is happening in the world. Put our trust in HIM.

        God is God in EVERY season

4.) Watch and Sing

         have FAITH

This message really was encouraging to me especially watching the world today. I can be encouraged that I don’t have to depend on the president or  some other official, or the stock markets, or be afraid of what may come my way because JESUS IS LORD and HE ALWAYS is!!!!

I will leave you with a precious little boy whom I am SO grateful to have and I am SO privaledged and HAPPY to have the chance to be his mom!!!! 

101_2269

101_2272

2 comments:

Gina said...

I heard about this story last night. This really hit me hard too!

We need to get together soon. I have been crazy with being out of town so much!

Craig Hewitt Photography said...

Hello there,

I some how came across your blog on google and noticed that you wrote about my family. My name is Craig Hewitt. My wife and kids were the ones involved in the car tragedy that you mentioned above. Please continue to keep our family in your thoughts and prayers. Each day is a major struggle for us but we are relying on God to be our strength.