Monday, September 8, 2008

What Tropical Storm???

We barely even had a drop of rain from Tropical storm Hanna. Which we greatly needed but was glad we didn't get the wind. Made for a beautiful day on Saturday so we decided to go to the Zoo. Evan is very aware of all the animals now and learning to make their sounds.
Evan LOVED riding the tram down to the Zoo from the gardens.

We had lunch there at the Kenya Cafe. UMMMM....where is the Irio, Ugali and sakuma??


Ok, well, you are probably not impressed by this or even remotely interested if you are not in the dental field but this Llama is in desperate need of some orthodontic work.














Evan was kicking up his heels most of the day.......







.....and then got tired....






So off we went.......








And here was one tired little boy. We had a great time though and plan on going alot more. It is alot of fun to see the excitement on Evan's face when he sees an animal he recognizes!!!!!









4 comments:

Melanie said...

Kenya Menu, my patootie. We love the zoo. I only wish it was closer!

Dori said...

I agree--that wasn't very Kenyan! However--very nice to finally see a picture of you, Tina! :D

Glad you guys didn't get dumped on by the storm!

alanajoy said...

I love the Kenya sign...made me smile...oh Kenyan food sounds good...I miss home. I watched the Steve Green movie today, found it in a stack of CDs/DVDs...it was nice to watch it again, but made me miss Kenya...I almost cried when Brooke said "That's my papa!":) (when she saw daddy). Evan looks so adorable at the Zoo, we LOVE it, we went again in June...on the hottest day of this year...AHHH! But it was still so fun!

Rebecca said...

It turned out to be a beautiful day!! I love the pictures in the garden!