Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Evan vs. Sidewalk Chalk

I first need to start this blog out by telling you about Evan's recent Dr's appt. We went for his 18 month check-up the other day. When you arrive you are given a questionaire. This questionaire has questions asking you mostly whether or not your child can do certain things. This I guess helps the Dr. to evaluate your child and his/her progress. Well, we were sailing through all the questions when I got to around #12. Does your child scribble with a crayon? I was a little bit dumb founded by this qeustion because I really have never given Evan a crayon to try it. We have gone to a resteraunt or two that gave him some which he proceeded to eat so I was like.....he's not ready for that!! Well apparently I should have been working with him on that. So I was kind of anxious when our name was called to go back to see the Dr. Had I failed the test??? O dear what would she say???? Well first thing she did when she came through the door was put some paper down on the floor and gave Evan a pen and said " scribble Evan." He looked at her and proceded to chew the pen. O MY!!! She said we really needed to work on this. Ok, so with that we have bought crayons which he still insists upon eating. So I decided to try sidewalk chalk and it was a hit. Notice though the box says age 4 +!! Should my 18 month old really already know how to scribble? Well, maybe, I don't know but, by golly when we go for our 2 year check up this Dr. is going to be impressed with our skills!!!!!!
He really actually liked it and only once put it to his mouth. I told him no and he never tried again.

We had to go over that the garage door and daddy's and mommy's car were not an option for scribbling.



But see, he can scribble so we aren't doing so bad after all. I just had to give him a great big tool to use.







Then of course he just had to check them all out at once. We both were covered in chalk when we were finished but we really had a lot of fun. All in all his Dr. visit was good and if this was our only downfall we are doing great, right!!!! By the way Evan is now 28 pounds 12 oz, 34 inches tall.





No comments: