Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Our Memorial Day weekend was very nice and for the most part restful. Evan and I really enjoyed having Eric around for an extra day!!! On Sunday we went to Florence for the evening service at the Florence Baptist Temple. Our friends Kent and Megan had adopted the biological sister of Grace ( she is now two and some change!!), and they had a dedication service for adoptive families. So we wanted to be a part of that. We were able to see a lot of friends and it was a real nice time. Eric's parents drove down from Dillon so we were able to visit with them too.
My great friend Crystal gave us this sand box, that looks like a crab, before Evan was born. It was her kids sandbox. Earlier last week I hefted a hundred Pounds, YES A 100 LBS, of sand to the backyard and into the sandcrab. This weekend Evan tried it out and of course Loved it. As I have told you in a previous blog, he loves the sand, however,
thankfully has stopped EATING it!!!!
Daddy and Evan

Evan posing for the camera







Mommy and Evan




Well, as you can see we had fun. We didn't do much but hey, that is really what we wanted to do!!! I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend and let us never forget those who are fighting and have fought for Our Country and the great freedom that we have today!!!!!



2 comments:

Gina said...

I love the sand box! I cannot wait to see you guys once all of our moving has settled down!

alanajoy said...

Evan is so cute...he's getting so big! I love my littlest cousin! The sandcrab looks like fun, I saw one the other day, but our yard is a mess, so we're not doing much outside stuff until we get some grass (it's old, dead sod and deck supplies while they finish the deck)