Saturday, February 6, 2010

Off to the Zoo ………

A couple of Fridays ago it was a  beautiful day out. Evan asks me several times in  a week if we can go look at the animals.  So off we went.  I treasure these times alone with my sweet little boy. We have so much fun together. 

101_3396

First stop were the giraffes. We went on to the platform where you can feed the giraffes after this. I wish SO bad I could have managed my camera and him because what happened next was so funny and cute.  He has ,in the past, been kinda scared of the giraffes up so close but today he picked up some of the roughage they were feeding the giraffes with. I held him up and he proceeded to feed the giraffe. I could not believe it!!!! As the giraffe took the leaf he also took Evan’s glove. HA!!!!!  We got it back.  : )  Then Evan just wanted to pet him over and over. SO cute.

101_3402

Next we hung out looking at the water in the stream….

101_3398

He wanted to feed everything after the giraffes. I don’t think this cow was too impressed.

101_3401

Or the chickens.

Photo0038

Then we went by the playground before lunch.

101_3414

We ate lunch at the Kenya cafe. Had chicken fingers and chips ( french fries  for you non africans : )   ) 

101_3408

We then went to the BIG bridge that takes you over to the road to the botanical gardens.  We caught the tram that takes you there if you don’t feel like walking.

101_3435

Us on the tram.

101_3421

Us at the gardens.

101_3420

Evan loved looking at the water.

101_3425

And playing in the kids area.

101_3430

They had these cool looking tree/bush like things. Not sure what they were.

101_3429

Took a little rest…

101_3434

And said goodbye to the gardens.

 

I promised we could go by and see the fish on our way out.

101_3415

He thought the lady in the tank cleaning was cool, almost as cool as the fish.

Photo0040

Goodbye Zoo til the next sunny day.

No comments: