Sunday, March 1, 2009

Did Van Gough start in the bathtub??

Perhaps We have an artist on our hands!!  They have this great invention to keep kids entertained in the bathtub.  Like Evan needed more entertainment, the splashing of water etc. provides plenty, however I indulged and got the crayons that could be used in the water. Safe to the tub/tile and the children ( who of course will draw on themselves!!).  And I got the tablets that turn the water different colors. I tell you this so you won’t be alarmed at the color of Evan’s water in the pictures. No, he didn’t pee in it and we didn’t have river water from Kenya sent for him to bath in either. : ) Yellow was the color of choice this night and I must say after a while looked kinda……bad.  All this said to say the crayons were a success  and Evan loved them. As promised clean up was a breeze!!!

101_1609

101_1607

Notice the markings on his tummy ( he was proud of those)101_1612

Some of his artwork

101_1614

Notice daddy’s artwork…..the chicken.  : )   OH….and check out the river-like water.   : / Ewwwww……..not sure I would want to sit in that but a little boy loved it!!!!101_1606

So he may have had just as fun splashing but I had to try the crayons out and they were a hit!!!  by the way…….he STILL splashed plenty!!!!  : )  

By the way, I am playing around here with windows live writer and it is free. Was fun playing around with the pictures. And you can do a lot more also.

4 comments:

Dori said...

We have bathtub markers too! Huge hit over here as well--enjoyed by all. Didn't quite come clean off of our old bathtub--but we knew it was being replaced anyway so didn't really care. Oh, and they're kinda cool for writing notes to whomever will be using the shower next too. :D

Rebecca said...

He is so cute!! I love the "seriously mom, I am drawing" look!!

alanajoy said...

We just got some of these from a friend...should we use them? Is it more mess to clean up or do they wash away easily? I don't need anymore work:)

Tina said...

Alana, I emailed you a response. But these crayons are fine in the tub, with my experiance.